As individuals are made to be mindful of their relationships not only to their fellow men, but as to the laws, the regulations and the rules of their country, know what is the foundation of the liberties of individuals in this land; and know that they are to be kept much in that purpose, that hope, that desire which PROMPTED the foundation of same.
Then, as has been indicated, follow in those ways that are being opened, through those channels that will make for the greater and better associations ...in the service to others as the greater service that any soul, any individual, may contribute to his God - through serving his fellow man.
Through Edgar Cayce (1066-2) January 14, 1940
Let him know, that he(she) which converteth the sinner from the error of his(her) way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Through James, the brother of Jesus 5:20 (KJV)
Thus, as indicated in the law, - one who changes a body from the error of the way not only brings peace and harmony but saves a soul and covers a multitude of shortcomings.
Through Edgar Cayce (3057-1) June 24, 1943
But know within thyself that the LORD IS ONE! And if ye would know Him ye must know that to become one WITH Him is the purpose of each soul in its expression; that the GLORY of the Lord may fill the earth!
Spoken through Edgar Cayce, "the sleeping prophet" (1107-1) January 23, 1936
Know and behold the Lord is One. Thou are His [child], a manifestation of His love, of His patience - in the earth.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (1537-1) February 18, 1938
First study thyself and thy ideals, and know - in spirit, in mind, in body - thy ideal is surely in Him as the Savior of ALL mankind. Forget thine own differences and know, as ye can interpret, the Lord is ONE - and ALL things work together for good, here a little, there a little, line upon line, precept upon precept, to those that love the Lord. And as ye would that others would do to thee, measure ye so to them.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (3129-1) July 13, 1943
"My spirit beareth witness with thy spirit." Not only is this applicable in spirit but in mind and in body. For, know, the Lord is one. All that becomes active in the mind is first in spirit. Then in mind does it grow. Then it materiality does it take shape.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (3333-1) October 31, 1943
For those who desire to cause activities through the influence of divine forces, let us consider:
What were the methods used by Him, upon whom each one calls? Just by speaking, just by prayer, just by fasting? No. Was there not anointing? Was there not washing? Was there not mechano-therapy? Were not even other conditions used in combination with them all?
For indeed it is as has been given from the beginning, "Know, O Israel, the Lord thy God is ONE!"
Then, that which is good, that which is helpful, that which is patient, that which is longsuffering - ALL enters into the experience of the individual that the soul may become more and more aware OF that truth; that the Lord is ONE in US!
ALL then in their OWN phase of consciousness may arise to, and arrive at, that awareness within themselves; by the applications of those things which are necessary to do that which was given from the beginning, "SUBDUE the earth!"
That which is, then, is for the glorification of the Creator. And man in his application of nature IS to make SUCH application to the glory of the divine, AS it may express and manifest in the individual experience!
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (1546-1) March 8, 1938
And as the choice is made, know WHO and what is the author of thy hopes; and know they must be founded in spiritual things. Not longfacedness, nor that in which one sets self up as a goody-goody individual for the effect or for the fear of this or that, or because of what people will say. But KNOW that the Lord is ONE, and that thy manifestation in the material plane is to be a channel of blessings to others, if ye would attain to the consciousness of peace or harmony within thy inner self in thy associations and dealings with thy fellow man!
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (1575-1) April 21, 1938
Spiritualize the ideals. Know indeed what it meaneth, that "The Lord is ONE." All that is, is His - of self, of the universe, of the activities in the earth. All moves and has its being in Him. So it is in self. Life itself is the consciousness, the awareness of that oneness of that Universal Consciousness in the earth.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (2828-2) April 9, 1943
3. In giving advice or counsel, there are some definite and immutable laws that the entity should consider; not only in its daily life and dealings with others, but that which is to be met by self; knowing that the answer to the manner of application must come within self.
4. For, the law is: "My spirit beareth witness with thy spirit - saith the Lord - as to whether ye be the children of God or not."
5. Again, "Who IS my brother, my mother, my sister? saith the way, the truth and the light. He that doeth the will of the Father, the same is my mother, my brother, my sister."
6. "With what measure ye mete it is measured to thee again."
7. "Know the Lord thy God is One."
8. Then, what meaneth these laws? They are not merely statements or ideas, but are immutable, unchangeable, eternal. And these are the manners in which these tenets, these truths are active and retroactive in the experience of an individual entity:
9. "Inasmuch as ye do it unto the least of these, thy brethren, so ye do it unto me, saith the Lord of hosts."
10. What, then, ye may ask, IS the will of the Father here, now, under the varying circumstances that ye confront in the present? with thy problems that are thine heritage through the use thou hast made, and are making in thy dealings with thy fellow man day by day.
11. To do good, to eschew evil, to love mercy and judgement, saith the prophet, is the whole duty of man, - as related to his activities in the earth.
12. And what saith the Son, the Christ?
13. "To love the Lord with all thy heart, thy mind, thy body, and thy neighbor as thyself!"
14. This is the whole will of the Father to His children. The rest of that recorded in Holy Writ - as may be said by man in his relationships, in meeting the problems every day, every experience - is merely the attempt to explain, to analyze, to justify or to meet that saying, that truth; which must, which will become a consciousness, an awareness in the experience of those who seek to do His will in the earth.
15. What is His will? That ye love one another, and ACT in that manner.
16. What, then, are THY problems? What manner would ye use in meeting, in becoming that channel which He has designed for thee?
17. Know, as He hath given, that whatsoever place any soul, every soul occupies in its awareness in the material world, is by the grace and the mercy of a loving heavenly Father. For He, as the Master has said, has not willed that any soul should perish, but has with every temptation prepared a way for the INDIVIDUAL to meet that problem. And His promise IS, has been (for He changeth not):
18. "Though ye may be afar off, if ye call I will hear - and answer speedily." For it is as has been proclaimed by him of whom it was said, "a man after God's own conscience":
19. "Though I take the wings of the morning and fly to the utmost parts of the earth, Thou art there, O Lord! Though I descend into the depths of hell, Thou art there! Though I enter into the thrones of mercy and grace and justice and peace, Thou art there."
20. THUS does the individual come to the awareness that "Lo, I am with thee always, even unto the end" is spoken as a personal thing. It means thee! It means that He IS mindful of thee.
21. Then ye say, "SURELY! But how may I make some practical in my daily life, in my relationships in business, in my social life, and in my manner of worship?"
22. All are one, my brother. All are one; even as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one - in purpose; but each to its own phase of experience, of manifestation; even as thy body, thy mind and thy soul are one.
23. The application, then, is not to justify - but for all thy body, ALL thy mind, all thy soul to GLORIFY Him among, amid, WITH thy fellow man!
24. The answers, then, are within thyself. For thy body is indeed the temple of the living God. There He has promised to meet thee, in the holy of holies - thy purpose, thy will.
25. Will ye make it then to be at-one with His purpose? Let thy prayer ever be:
26. "LORD, HAVE THINE OWN WAY WITH ME! USE ME IN THE WAY AND MANNER THOU SEEST, O GOD, THAT I MAY BE THE GREATER CHANNEL OF BLESSINGS TO OTHERS, TO GLORIFY THEE - HERE AND NOW!"
27. THAT is the attitude, my friend, that will bring thee closer and yet closer to the knowledge, the understanding and - yea - with same the wisdom to apply that thou knowest.
28. He asketh not that ye apply that ye know not of, but desires that every soul "Seek and ye shall find, knock and it will be opened unto thee."
29. These are not merely sayings, beautiful to hear yet impractical in daily life! Have ye not observed and found that these are in keeping with the law? Like begets like. What ye sow ye reap. The Lord is one. To love mercy and to eschew evil is the duty of man. "If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments."
30. Then, take that thou hast in hand, - that which has been given thee as a helpful experience upon which ye may draw thine own conclusions.
31. Yea, in meditation and prayer with Him, choose - now - thy way, thy course among thy fellow men.
32. Minimize the faults, in others - as ye would have them minimized in thee. Forgive, if ye would be forgiven. Show mercy if ye would have mercy shown.
33. These are simple in speech, yet so hard oft in application - because we judge one another.
34. Yet He came to His own, His own received Him not. He KNEW the power within and yet gave Himself a ransom for others.
35. He IS the way, the truth, the light. They that climb up some other way attempt to belittle themselves. For the Lord thy God is One!
36. Analyze thy life's experiences, - see thy shortcomings, see thy virtues. Minimize those faults, magnify and glorify thy virtues.
37. These be the ways, the manners in which each soul, - yea, thy soul, - may know that He indeed standeth at the door of thy heart, of thy conscience, and will enter if ye invite Him.
38. For the promise has been, "If I go away the spirit of truth will come, and will BRING life and that more abundant."
39. Then, magnify the seeds of the spirit in thy life. Love longsuffering, brotherly kindness, patience. These are the fruits, these are the seed of the spirit. Sow them in the lives of others, as ye meet them day by day; and the fruit of these will bear judgement before the throne of grace.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (2524-3) July 10, 19416
31. (Q) Religious differences?
(A) These are the swords He brought into man's material understanding. And more wars, more bloodshed have been shed over the racial and religious differences than over any other problem! These, too, must go the way of all others; and man must learn - if he will know the peace as promised by Him - that God loveth those who love Him, whether they be called of this or that sect or schism or ism or cult! The Lord is ONE!
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (3976-27) June 19, 1942
We ARE our brothers' and sisters' keepers. We are all God's children. Look everyone you meet in the eye and know that he or she is a cell in the body of God, just like you are.
Learn first that the Lord is one. There are not great changes, for all that ye may learn of the Father God, is already within self. For thy body is indeed the temple of the living God, and as ye meet Him there ye may gain in thine own consciousness the satisfaction of walking and talking with Him.
Spoken through "the sleeping prophet" (5155-1) May 23, 1944
We accept the fact that there is the one God and that Jesus the Christ is His manifested messenger in the earth; and that the gift of the Holy Spirit by and through the Christ is ever to be the comforter to those who seek to know the Lord, the Father-God, through Him...
In the discerning, then, of the laws, - these become one in Him. The first is then as He gave, - "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy body, thy mind, thy soul; thy neighbor as thyself." This, then, is all-inclusive, yet may be better discerned in the study and the application of the tenets set in the thirtieth (30th) of Deuteronomy by the lawgiver in his admonition, in his summing up of the laws, the ordinances that had been indicated for a peculiar people, set aside for a purpose - as a channel through which there might be the discerning of the spirit made manifest in flesh.
Hence it is reminding man that today, now, every day, there is set before him good and evil, life and death. Man does not find other than that answer outside himself as expressed in that spiritual discernment, "My spirit beareth witness with thy spirit."
Thus, as the lawgiver interpreted, "Lo, He is within thee." Man's discerning of that he would worship, then, is within self; how that he, the individual entity, makes manifest in his dealings daily with his fellow men that God is, and that the individual entity is - in body, in mind, in soul - a witness of such; and thus he loveth, he treateth his brother as himself.
Such an admonition has in man's interpretation oft put God, the mighty, the Lord, as far away. And yet he recognizes, if he accepts this admonition of the lawgiver, that He is within self.
This is more clearly demonstrated and interpreted in the words of the Master himself, - "In my Father's house are many mansions - " - many consciousnesses, many stages of enfoldment, of unfoldment, of blessings, of sources. And yet God has not willed that any soul should perish, but has with every temptation, every trial, prepared a way of escape - or a way to meet same; which is indicated here by the Creator, the Maker of heaven and earth and all that in them be.
Thus as He declares, "Behold I stand continuously before the door of thy consciousness, of thine own mansion. For thy body is indeed the temple of the living God." And there He has promised to meet thee. There ye make ready. There ye entertain. There ye meditate upon those influences, those choices ye make day by day.
He, that Christ-Consciousness, is that first spoken of in the beginning when God said, "Let there be light, and there was light." And that is the light manifested in the Christ. First it became physically conscious in Adam. And as in Adam we all die, so in the last Adam - Jesus, becoming the Christ - we are all made alive. Not unto that as of one, then. For we each meet our own selves, even as He; though this did not become possible, practical in a world experience, until He, Jesus, became the Christ and made the way.
Thus He became the first of those that within self arose to righteousness. Thus may we, as individuals, - as we apply ourselves, - become aware of that abiding presence as He promised, - yea, as He maintained, - "If I go away I will send the spirit of truth, the spirit of righteousness, and he shall ABIDE with you. And I and the Father will come."
Seek ye then to walk with Him. That peace He giveth thee. Not as the world knoweth peace, but as His peace that openeth the door of understanding, of comprehension, of how God maketh peace with man through the law of love. For He IS law. He is love. He taketh away not the law, but manifesteth love in that He fulfilled the law, in that He gave Himself for that edict, "In the day ye eat thereof, ye shall surely die."
Yet in the day that ye accept Him as thy sacrifice and LIVE thyself according to His precepts, YE become reconciled - through Him - to the Father, and He - too - walketh and talketh with thee.
Study, then, to show thyself approved unto that as thy ideal.
As to the choices ye make, - remember, as He gave, "Who made me a judge of my brother? Who is my brother? He that doeth the will of the Father."
What is the will? "Love one another, even as I have loved you."
Spoken through Edgar Cayce (2879-1) January 11, 1943
Seek to find the godliness in yourself!
"LORD, HERE AM I! USE ME IN THE WAY AND MANNER THAT THOU SEEST BEST FIT; THAT WE MAY PRESERVE THE FAITH WE HAVE IN THE LORD, THE SAVIOR, JESUS THE CHRIST; THAT WE MAY STILL BE AS ONE BROTHERHOOD; AS ONE KNOWING THOU ART NEAR; AS ONE MANIFESTING THY POWER, O GOD; NOT OF OURSELVES, BUT THAT OTHERS MAY SEE THY GLORY, - EVEN THE ONE NEXT TO ME. EVEN THOUGH HE MAY CURSE, MAY SWEAR, MAY DO THOSE THINGS THAT ARE UNSEEMLY, LET THY POWER BE MANIFESTED, O GOD; THAT JESUS, THY SON, MAY INDEED COME INTO THE EARTH; THAT ALL MEN MAY KNOW THAT HE IS THE LORD OF MY HEART, MY MIND, MY BODY, MY HOME, MY COUNTY, MY STATE, MY NATION!"
Out of the mouth of Edgar Cayce (3976-25) June 23, 1940
copyright 1998-2004, John Peniel
The Association for Research and Enlightenment